Equipped with four versatile Soundcraft preamps
Sweetwater live-sound engineers have long counted on Soundcraft to deliver clear sound onstage, and a lot of that has to do with their mic pres. While there's +48-volt phantom power onboard for your condenser mics, the high-headroom preamps included on your Notepad-12FX deliver plenty of gain for even the most sluggish of dynamic microphones, with enough gain leftover to handle sudden level spikes that can sneak up on you onstage or in the studio. Instrument-level inputs on channel 1 and channel 3, along with stereo inputs on four additional channels, let you plug in additional mics, guitars, keyboards, or other instruments, so there are enough inputs for the whole band.
Sweeten your sound with Lexicon digital effects
In addition to handy 3-band EQs and 100Hz highpass filters on the preamp-equipped channels, the Notepad-12FX offers you a selection of genuine Lexicon effects you can use to enhance your sound. These effects include a dimensional delay, a rich chorus, and a spacious reverb. Each effect features an adjustable parameter (length for the delay and reverb, intensity for the chorus) that you can tweak with just the twist of a knob, while tap tempo lets you keep your effects locked to the beat.
USB delivers recording and performance possibilities
For a lightweight portable mixer, the Notepad-12FX certainly doesn't fall short where I/O is concerned. You get XLR combo jacks, 1/4" inputs, and RCA line inputs. On the output side, there's a pair of XLR outputs that feed the mains (perfect for PA systems and studio monitors), a 1/4" aux output, and a switchable main/aux headphone jack. USB turns the Notepad-12FX into even more of a mini-workhorse mixer, by providing a direct connection to your computer. This allows it to act as a 4-in/4-out USB audio interface, making it easy to record into your DAW. It also lets you stream audio from your computer, which you can use to play backing tracks or to inject your favorite virtual instruments right into the PA.
Soundcraft Notepad-12FX Compact Mixer Features:
- A compact 12-channel mixer that's great for mixing onstage or recording in your home studio
- Includes 4 microphone preamplifiers with phantom power, 100Hz highpass filters, and 3-band EQs
- Channels 1 and 3 include a hi-Z instrument-level input for running guitar or bass direct
- Line-level inputs on 4 additional channels accommodate keyboards, playback devices, and consumer music gear
- Onboard Lexicon digital effects include delay, chorus, and reverb
- Tap tempo and a parameter adjustment knob let you dial in each effect to your material
- USB provides 4-in/4-out connectivity for recording and audio streaming
- Outputs include flexible monitoring options and balanced XLR main outs