Active Soundbar Speaker: The Polk Command Bar active soundbar speaker features a performance-tuned, 4-driver array in a stereo configuration with a 1" soft-dome tweeter and a 1.25" x 3.25" oval cone woofer for each channel (a total of two tweeters and two woofers). The 4-driver array is powered by a 160W Class-D amplifier for dynamic, room-filling sound. Dual side-firing ports provide increased bass response.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer reproduces deep bass impact that you can feel from your movie and music soundtracks. It houses a down-firing 6.5" woofer, down-firing bass port, and built-in 100W amplifier. You can independently adjust the wireless powered sub's bass level from the rest of the system's overall volume level.
Dolby Digital & DTS Compatible: The Polk Command Bar will decode 5.1ch Dolby Digital/DTS and 2ch PCM audio through its HDMI and Optical digital inputs.
Polk Voice Adjust Technology: Polk Voice Adjust technology dramatically increases vocal clarity and volume level for crystal clear dialog no matter what you're watching. You can customize the voice levels in the soundbar however you prefer to reproduce clear, crisp dialog and never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
Optimized EQ Presets: EQ settings for Movies, Music, Sports, and Night optimize the soundbar and subwoofer to ensure you get the clearest dialog, big surround sound, and deep bass for the best audio and home theater experience regardless of what you are watching or if you are watching late at night.
- Movie: Acoustically optimized for both movie and TV soundtracks. It also provides a bass boost, increased spatialization and enhances Voice Adjust levels for improved dialog clarity. It is the default sound mode for HDMI and Optical input sources.
- Music: Music mode gives you balanced sound and smoother bass while minimizing spatialization effects to ensure more natural sound reproduction.
- Sports: Enhances dialog-rich content, like sporting events, news casts, and talk shows.
- Night: Reduces bass and volume dynamics while improving voice intelligibility for low-volume listening.
HDMI 2.0b: Featuring two HDMI inputs and one HDMI ARC output, the Polk Command Bar incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0b specification, including support for 4K Ultra HD video pass-through, High Dynamic Range (HDR) video, and HDCP 2.2 compatibility.
- 4K Ultra HD/HDCP 2.2 Compliant: The Command Bar supports up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video on all of its HDMI inputs and output. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI. There is no video resolution upscaling. All of the soundbar speaker system's HDMI jacks are HDCP 2.2 compatible which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The Command Bar supports HDR 10 (not compatible with other HDR formats, like Dolby Vision or HLG).
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the Command Bar through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your TV. The HDMI ARC output supports Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1ch & 2ch PCM.
Note: Because with some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box to the soundbar system's HDMI inputs directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Command Bar features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Polk Command Bar supports Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP which allows you to wirelessly stream and control audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, podcasts, audiobooks, and other audio content from your Bluetooth source device to the soundbar speaker system. Basic playback control (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, & Volume Up/Down) can be done from the included IR remote. You will continue to use your Bluetooth source device for advance music navigation and to view song/artist information.
Note: The Command Bar does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Built-In Alexa Skills
Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac: The Polk Command Bar comes ready to connect to your home's WiFi network. It features built-in dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard WiFi. Use the Polk Connect app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) to connect the Polk Command Bar speaker system to your wireless network router and enable Amazon Alexa voice services through your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Built-In Alexa: Once connected to your network, use the Polk Command Bar to ask Alexa to perform many useful tasks. To get the attention of the Polk Command Bar, simply say "Alexa". You can then ask Alexa for sports updates, weather reports, cooking questions and more. You can also ask Alexa to control the soundbar speaker system by switching inputs, change sound modes, adjust the bass and more. In addition, the built-in Alexa service works with smart home devices such as lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more that are Amazon Alexa compatible.
IR Remote: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Polk Command Bar. There are also several ways to use your TV, cable, or satellite remote to control the soundbar speaker system.
- HDMI CEC: If your TV is connected to the Command Bar via HDMI and your TV supports HDMI CEC, you can control the volume and mute functions of the soundbar speaker system from your TV's remote control.
- Polk Smart Remote Technology: Polk Smart Remote technology allows for most Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Sony TV remotes to control the Command Bar's volume and mute functions right out of the box (no programming required). TV must be manufactured within the last 5 years.
- IR Learning Function: If you have another brand of television that is not listed above and does support HDMI CEC, or you have a cable or satellite receiver, you can also program the Command Bar to respond to one of these remotes (remote functions include - Power, Volume, and Mute).
Top-Panel Controls: The following controls are found on top of the soundbar speaker - Action Button, Volume Up/Down, and Microphone Mute.
Status Light Indicator: The Command Bar is not equipped with a front-panel display, nor does it offer an on-screen menu. Instead, the soundbar simply contains a single light that changes color and flashes to provide status information about the speaker system, like Sound Modes, Source Selection, and Decoder Modes.
Mounting Options: The Polk Command Bar offers flexible mounting options for the active soundbar speaker and wireless powered subwoofer.
- The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The soundbar can simply be placed on a tabletop, stand, or shelf (integrated rubber feet provide secure placement). The soundbar can also be mounted to the wall using the included keyhole brackets (mounting screws not included).
- The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 30' from soundbar). Ideally, the powered sub should be placed along the same wall as the soundbar speaker. Placing the powered subwoofer in a corner will increase its bass response even more.