The Inovelli LZW31-SN Red Series switch is a ZWave Plus certified in wall dimmer designed to work with ZWave certified smart hubs. It can be used as a single switch or in a 3 way or 4 way installation.
This dimmer can be installed with or without a neutral wire connection, although neutral wire is recommended.
This is Inovelli's deluxe series with additional features including:
- Energy monitoring
- RGB notification LED
- Scene control - up to 11 scenes
The built in LED can show not only switch status but can also be used to present notifications when used with a compatible hub. For example flash purple if the garage door is open or turn red if the alarm is armed.
A built-in auto-off timer can be used to automatically turn the switch off x minutes after it has been turned on. Auto-off is handy for lights that tend to be forgotten.
ZWave scenes can control other Zwave devices or initiate smart hub routines with a compatible hub. Scene triggers include double tap top, triple tap, 4 taps, 5 taps and more!
Other advanced features include the ability to adjust the LED indicator colour & intensity, ramp rate, min/max dim level, dim speed. Invert mode (on=off and off=on).
The built-in "configuration" button can be used to set swtich features without needing to use the hub.
Red series special features like notifications and scenes are supported in Homeseer/Hometroller, SmartThings (with handler), Hubitat, Home Assistant.
For further specifications and a list of compatible hubs see here.
Note. Advanced features work with hubs that support these features. Neutral wire connection allows support for less than 25W load, energy monitoring. Without a neutral connection a "dumb" switch cannot be used for 3/4 way.
Inovelli LZ31-SN Red Series ZWave Dimmer Features:
- Technology: Z-Wave Plus, S2 Encryption, SmartStart
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 Series
- 3-Way, 4-Way (Multi-Switch) Compatibility: Works with a dumb (existing) on/off switch (no dimming), auxiliary switch (GE or HomeSeer), or another Inovelli smart switch (via Z-Wave Association)
- Energy Monitoring: Monitors energy consumption
- Z-Wave Scene Enabled: Add up to 13 Z-Wave Scenes (ie: multi-tap to trigger a scene/routine directly from the switch)
- RGB Notifications: LED bar will notify you of certain events (ie: LED bar lights up red when front door is unlocked)
- Disable Internal Relay: Tap 8x on the config button to disable the internal relay
- Change Parameters Locally: Change parameters directly from the switch without the need for a Hub
- Accessories Included: White Faceplates/Paddles and a Neutral Wire Jumper (Almond not included)
- Neutral Wire Required: No (but recommended)
- Driver Type: MOSFET
- Leading/Trailing Edge: Leading Edge
- Max Wattage: See below -- maximum will vary based on bulb type and whether the heat sink tabs are removed or not
- Heat Sink Tabs Not Removed: 400W Incandescent, 300W LED, 150W CFL
- One (1) Side Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 300W Incandescent, 200W LED, 150W CFL
- Two (2) Sides Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 200W Incandescent, 150W LED, 100W CFL
- Min Wattage: If neutral wire is used, there is no minimum wattage required. However, if no neutral is installed, there needs to be at least 25W for the switch to work
- Use with Fan: No
- Power: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 °F (0-40 °C)
- Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Range: Up to 100 meters line of sight between the Wireless Controller (Hub) and the closest Z-Wave Module
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: Indoor use only.
- Certified for use in Canada and USA