The Epiphone Les Paul Muse is a modern take on the classic Gibson Les Paul. While original ’Pauls are known for their heft, the Muse is lightweight, featuring a chambered body, with a rear body contour for comfort. High-output humbuckers with advanced electronics make the Muse a formidable and affordable instrument that will fit into any musical context.
The Les Paul Muse loses weight
The Muse is made of okoume, a lightweight Central African tonewood commonly seen on custom shop-level guitars. Topped with a maple cap, Epiphone chambers the body, providing significant weight reduction. A contoured body scarf on the back also keeps down the mass and will prevent this Les Paul from laying into your ribcage. For us, that’s a win-win.
Advanced pickups and electronics
Epiphone loaded the Les Paul Muse with high-output Alnico Classic Pro humbuckers, which provide vintage tones with a modern edge. Each ‘bucker can be split for a single-coil sounds. Other advanced electronics include a phase switch and a treble bleed circuit. We think you’ll enjoy the wide array of tones the Muse produces.
Other distinguishing features
The Muse neck is also made of okoume and has a comfortable custom C-profile with an Indian laurel fretboard. A Locktone ABR bridge, stop bar tailpiece and Grover Rotomatic tuners offer simplicity with solid dependability.
This is the Les Paul to get for sonic versatility in a lightweight body
Gibson set a high bar with the first Les Paul. The Epiphone Les Paul Muse honors the legacy, then updates it for the modern era. If you’ve been looking for an electric guitar with versatile sounds, comforting contours and a body that won’t break your back, we think the Les Paul Muse is a worthy contender.
- Maple top over a chambered okoume body lighter than most Les Pauls
- Okoume neck with a custom C profile, Indian laurel fretboard
- 2 Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers with a higher output than vintage pickups
- Coil Split for single-coil sounds
- Phase switch for a more open, hollow sound classic
- LockTone ABR bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Grover Rotomatic tuners with 18:1 gear ratio for precise tuning
- GraphTech nut for a full range of harmonics